We wrote an article earlier explaining why OnePlus 5/5T updates were delayed. That article was published in September, when OnePlus made a forum post informing 5/5T users about the reason behind delayed updates. It took OnePlus 2 more months to finally release 10.0.1, which brings the total delay between 10.0.0 and 10.0.1 to 6 months.
Funnily enough, only OP5 roll-out has begun so far. Don't worry, as soon as they start the roll-out for 5T, the app will get it ASAP. Surely this build would have a thorough changelog, as well as the latest security patches, right? Wrong:
- Fixed the abnormal call recording issue
- Fixed the de-activated alarm issue when the phone was powered off
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.09
- Updated GMS package to 2020.08
Full Screen Gestures
- Back gesture from the bottom of the screen is available (OP5T only)
- Electronic Image Stabilization has been added, bringing you the more stable shooting experience
In 10.0.0, OnePlus removed EIS because it was "currently under optimization", but with 10.0.1 it's finally here. OnePlus kept 5/5T users waiting half a year just to get EIS back, and some other minor improvements. Since the normal software maintenance schedule for stable updates is around 1-2 months, this is very disappointing. The Android security patch in this build is still at September, even though it's November now.