OxygenOS 11 comes to OnePlus Nord as an Open Beta
UPDATE 2020-01-07 14:00 IST:
EU links are now available, which have already been added in the app. We've updated the article to reflect this information, and added the EU rollback package link as well.
We talked about OOS 11 timeline in a previous news article, and the OnePlus Nord just got the first Open Beta build that comes with OOS11. You can install Open Beta using the app itself: simply choose "Open Beta (full update)" in the app's settings, and enable advanced mode as well. Scroll down for more detailed instructions and warnings.
Note that currently only global/international and Indian OB1 builds are available. As of 7th January 2020, EU links are also available. Check the app if you plan to switch from stable to Open Beta.
- Update to Android 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve user experience
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Newly added 10 new clock styles ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
Where can I install OB1?
This is meant only for Nord devices - it WILL NOT WORK for other devices. Since this is a beta update, make sure to backup all important data before your proceed as it may not be stable!
Before installing, please ensure your battery level is at least 30% and you have at least 3GB space left on your device. If you encounter any bugs in OB1, make sure you report them to OnePlus directly.
You can install the preview using this app itself (switch to the "Open Beta (full update)" update method - you might have to enable "Advanced mode" as well) or by visiting the forum thread listed below:
Can I revert to the stable version of OxygenOS?
Yes, please read the forum thread of your device as linked above for detailed instructions. Rolling back will completely wipe all your data, so please take a backup before proceeding.
Below are the rollback/downgrade packages for each Nord device. Make sure you choose the correct rollback package for your device and region. We are providing these links purely for your convenience, as rolling back isn't natively supported by our app. After downloading the correct rollback package, move the file from the "Downloads" directory to the topmost directory of internal storage (the same directory that the "Downloads" folder is in). Then, open Settings -> System -> System updates -> cog icon in the top right -> Local Upgrade, and choose the rollback package.
The following packages will rollback your device to the currently latest Android 10 stable version, and will wipe all your data. These are not the packages you should download if you're looking to update to Android 11/R. For that, close this news article and change your update method to "Open Beta (full update)" in the app's settings.
- OnePlus Nord:
Please take great care in downloading the rollback package meant ONLY for your specific device and region.