2021-07-17 13:15 IST:
An OB1 hotfix build has started rolling out, and we've already added these links to the app. We would still recommend caution, as OnePlus usually makes a lot of mistakes for the very first major builds.
2021-07-12 22:00 GMT:
OnePlus updated their announcement thread to remove listing of the download links of the build following user feedback. We can however still download the files, so we've let them available in the app.
If you haven't installed the build yet, proceed at your own discretion.
If you did and are not facing any blocking issue, there is little point downgrading back to Android 10 as it will wipe your data, so it may be best for you to stay on this build and to wait for a new one. Otherwise, if you wish to rollback but that rollback package does not work for you (or if you are unable to apply it due to an OS fault), you can contact OnePlus support for assistance.
2021-07-09 10:00 GMT:
OnePlus updated their announcement thread to add links to downgrade zips which should bring your device back to latest Android 10 stable build (OxygenOS 10.3.11), and we've updated the article to reflect this. Do mind that flashing them will lead to your device data being wiped.
We talked about OOS 11 timeline in a previous news article, and the OnePlus 6/6T just got the first Open Beta build that comes with OOS11. OnePlus earlier announced that the first Open Beta based on OxygenOS would come at the end of August, but today they have announced the first Open Beta already, which is surprisingly fast (considering OnePlus has delayed updates in the recent past). You can install Open Beta using the app itself: simply choose "Open Beta (full update)" in the app's settings, and enable advanced mode as well. Scroll down for more detailed instructions and warnings.
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings - Customization - Wallpaper - Canvas - Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings - Display - Dark Mode - Turn on automatically - Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
It is worth noting that albeit not mentioned in official changelog, security patch level is bumped to July 2021, which is great.
Where can I install OB1?
This is meant only for 6/6T devices - it WILL NOT WORK for other devices. Since this is a beta update, make sure to backup all important data before your proceed as it may not be stable!
We do not advise flashing it if you're not an experienced user ready to report bugs back to OnePlus via their Community app or their forum. Do not send us emails if you're running into issues other than being unable to flash build, as we wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Also note that carrier-variants of the 6T will not be able to use this Open Beta, as carrier variants lack the "Local Upgrade" option.
Before installing, please ensure your battery level is at least 30% and you have at least 3GB space left on your device.
You can install the preview using this app itself (switch to the "Open Beta (full update)" update method — you might have to enable "Advanced mode" as well) or by visiting the forum thread listed below:
- OnePlus 6/6T: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-android-11-open-beta-1-for-oneplus-6-6t.1464997/
Can I revert to the stable version of OxygenOS?
Yes, please read the forum thread of your device as linked above for detailed instructions. Rolling back will completely wipe all your data, so please take a backup before proceeding.
Below are the rollback/downgrade packages for the OnePlus 6 & 6T devices. Make sure you choose the correct rollback package for your device and region. We are providing these links purely for your convenience, as rolling back isn't natively supported by our app. After downloading the correct rollback package, move the file from the "Downloads" directory to the topmost directory of internal storage (the same directory that the "Downloads" folder is in). Then, open Settings -> System -> System updates -> cog icon in the top right -> Local Upgrade, and choose the rollback package.
The following packages will rollback your device to the currently latest Android 10 stable version, and will wipe all your data. These are not the packages you should download if you're looking to update to Android 11/R. For that, close this news article and change your update method to "Open Beta (full update)" in the app's settings.
Should you not see the files available in "Local Upgrade" screen, check if their extension is .zip, as sometimes OnePlus' servers make them ending in .jar.
Please take great care in downloading the rollback package meant ONLY for your specific device and region.