OxygenOS 12 comes to the stable track for Nord N200
Added rollback instructions and linked to the C.15 (first stable OOS12 build) forum post. C.16 has also started rolling out, and full ZIP links are available in the app.
OnePlus started rolling out C.15 to the stable track around 10th June 2022, though its forum post went live 9 days later (link). On 7th July 2022, C.16 started rolling out but there isn't any forum post for it yet.
With every new device receiving OOS12, we always advise our users to be patient and not jump into it without thinking. Every "first build" — even stable — is usually quite buggy and is almost always met with general disappointment. For example, 9-series got the first stable build on 6th December 2021, which was pulled shortly after rollout. Every device has received a few bugfix releases, but users are still complaining about genuine bugs. For example, my 8T is on the latest release for it (C.21), but none of these issues are still fixed (other devices also have some of these bugs):
- Android Auto shows a "searching for GPS" warning; makes it very difficult to navigate unfamiliar roads (e.g. on a trip)
- Double tapping on the lockscreen doesn't always turn screen off
- USB choice dialog pops up every single time, even though I've already set a default
- Going to the home/recents screen from an app that supports Material You's dynamic colour lags like crazy, regardless of using gestures or buttons
Also, their own forum posts (for other devices) list many "known issues" for the first stable build. We'll wait and see if that's true for the N200 as well.
There aren't any "known issues" listed in the N200's OxygenOS 12 C.15 forum post. Anyway, if you wish to update to C.16, you can do so via the app itself, since it has full ZIPs available.
Back when the 9-series got their first OOS12 build, OnePlus had posted a short FAQ to prepare users. You can go through it if you haven't already: https://community.oneplus.com/thread?id=1519491. There's a "peek inside OOS12" thread as well: https://community.oneplus.com/thread?id=1529132.
Changelog for C.16 (second stable OOS12 build for Nord N200)
- [Fixed] the issue of being unable to use mobile data in some scenarios
Changelog for C.15 (first stable OOS12 build)
- [Optimized] AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load was high
- [Added] Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.05
- Dark mode
- [Added] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- [Added] style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- [Added] OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
- Work Life Balance
- [Added] Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- [Added] the support of automatic Work and Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- [Added] the support of switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
OnePlus seems to use almost the exact same changelog for the first OOS12 release (regardless of device or it being stable/beta).
Where can I install stable OxygenOS 12?
You should have already received a notification from the app about the C.16 update. Simply download as you normally would, and follow the installation instructions.
Can I revert to OxygenOS 11?
Yes, please read the forum post of your device as linked above for detailed instructions. Rolling back will completely wipe all your data, so please take a backup before proceeding.
Below is the rollback/downgrade packages for the OnePlus Nord N200. Make sure you choose the correct rollback package for your device and region. We are providing these links purely for your convenience, as rolling back isn't natively supported by our app. After downloading the correct rollback package, ensure it ends with ".zip" and not ".jar". Then, install OnePlus' separate "local upgrade" APK: https://oxygenos.oneplus.net/English_20220225101104.apk and flash the rollback ZIP.
The following packages will rollback your device to OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 (O.11), and will wipe all your data.
- OnePlus Nord N200:
Remember: these are rollback packages — they're not the packages you should download if you're looking to install the latest stable update. For that, close this news article and download it from the main screen of the app (assuming your update method is set to either of the stable options in the app's settings).
If you have any questions or concerns, you can either join our Discord server, or email us at [email protected].