This article may contain affiliate links, which means, at no cost to you, we may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The OnePlus 10 Pro went on sale on 31st March 2022, and came with OxygenOS 12 out-of-the-box. It was the only device to receive the Android 13/T Developer Preview (11th May 2022). After a total of 3 DP builds, OnePlus had opened up applications for its OxygenOS 13 Closed Beta program (22nd June 2022), meaning it took them ~1.5 months to bring Open Beta 1. It is the first set of OnePlus devices to receive an update to OxygenOS 13.; we expect 9 & 9 Pro to be the next.
OOS13 Open Beta 2 changelog (10 Pro)
- [Aquamorphic Design]
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up the Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- [Seamless interconnection]
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- [Security & privacy]
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for screenshots of chats. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- [Health & Digital wellbeing]
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
- [Performance optimization]
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- [Gaming experience]
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
- Improves system stability for some scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where icons would sometimes overlap in Quick Settings.
- Fixes an issue where a panel might be automatically pulled down from the status bar in some cases.
- Fixes an issue that might cause auto brightness to respond slowly.
- Fixes an occasional flicker issue that might occur when your device screen is turned off or on.
- Fixes an issue where the Quick Settings background might appear transparent.
- Fixes an issue where you might be unable to wake your screen by double-tapping it in Guest mode.
- Fixes an issue where your screen might be slow to wake when the Power button is pressed.
- Fixes an issue where the "Other" category might take up a huge portion of your device storage.
- Fixes an issue where the Camera would lag.
There are also known issues in this build, which we have reproduced below for your convenience:
Although you may be hyped by OxygenOS 13 now being available for your device, do remember that this is beta software (as proven by known issues list) and that as such, you accept any risks by installing this update. Furthermore, you're expected to report bugs to OnePlus directly via community app. Do also mind that switching back to stable OxygenOS 12 at any point will require a full data wipe, so don't get excited and jump into OB2 without considering all its pros and cons.
How can I install OB2?
This is meant only for the 10 Pro — it WILL NOT WORK for other devices. Since this is a beta update, make sure to backup all important data before your proceed as it may not be stable!
Before installing, please ensure your battery level is at least 30% and you have at least 5GB space left on your device. If you encounter any bugs in OB2, make sure you report them to OnePlus. Also, it's recommend that you're on the latest version of OxygenOS 12 (A.15) before installing OOS13 OB2.
You can install the beta using this app itself: close this article, open the app's settings, and switch to one of the "Open Beta" update method — you might have to enable "advanced mode" as well. Then go back to the main screen of the app, and you'll be able to download OB2. You can check the forum thread listed below for more information:
- OnePlus 10 Pro: https://community.oneplus.com/thread?id=1133627576771149833
Can I revert to the stable version of OxygenOS 12?
Yes, please read the forum thread of your device as linked above for detailed instructions. Rolling back will completely wipe all your data, so please take a backup before proceeding.
Below is the rollback/downgrade packages for the OnePlus 10 Pro. Make sure you choose the correct rollback package for your device and region. We are providing these links purely for your convenience, as rolling back isn't natively supported by our app. After downloading the correct rollback package, move the file from the "Downloads" directory to the topmost directory of internal storage (the same directory that the "Downloads" folder is in).
Then, open Settings -> About device -> Version and tap "Build number" 7 times. This will enable Android's built-in "developer mode" (you might have to enter your phone's PIN/password too). Once this is done, "Local upgrade" will once again be visible in Settings -> About device -> Software update -> top-right button.
Global devices will need to download & install OnePlus' separate local upgrade app: https://oxygenos.oneplus.net/OPLocalUpdate_For_Android13.apk. If it downloads as a ZIP/JAR, replace the ".zip" with ".apk". Find it in your app drawer after installing, it should be labelled "System update".
The following packages will rollback your device to OxygenOS 12 (A.13), and will wipe all your data.
Remember: these are rollback packages — they're not the packages you should download if you're looking to switch to Open Beta. For that, close this news article and change your update method to "Open Beta (full)" in the app's settings.