- Fixes the issue that red screen flashes when creating a new calendar
- Fixes the issue that WLAN malfunctions in certain scenarios
- Fixes the issue that red screen is seen when switching from Guest mode to Owner mode in certain scenarios
At this time, only the OnePlus 11 can install this DP. We will update this article and send notifications again, in case more devices get supported. If you received a notification about this article and you don't own a OnePlus 11, we sincerely apologize.
A Developer Preview is primarily meant for developers so they can test & develop their apps, or for enthusiasts who simply want to explore the latest Android version. Pixel devices, emulators, etc. received a developer preview back on 8th February 2023, and it's currently in the beta release stage. A14 is expected to reach platform stability in June/July, and would be considered "final" following that.
OnePlus has now come out with a developer preview for the 11, lagging behind about 3 months compared to the Pixels. However, we don't recommend installing this on your main device, and especially if you're not familiar with development or alpha/beta testing. There are quite a few known issues right off the bat:
- WLAN malfunctions in certain scenarios
- Connection fails when casting to a TV display
- Red screen is seen when switching from Guest mode to Owner mode in certain scenarios
- Manual connection fails after the phone is disconnected from the tablet
- WeChat calls may not ring with Bluetooth headsets
- Red screen flashes when creating a new calendar
- Screen freezes when taking picture with the front camera in WhatsApp
- Pressing the Home key is not responsive on the Lock screen camera page
- Locked screen doesn't light up when receiving incoming calls
- While both SIM 1 and SIM 2 receive an incoming call successively, the call from SIM 2 won't hang up
- Fingerprint may not be added again after being deleted
- Device cannot be powered off with the password verification page displaying abnormally in certain scenarios
- Preview interface freezes when taking picture with the camera in WhatsApp
Which devices support the preview?
- OnePlus 11 (all variants except carrier-branded e.g. TMO/VZW)
Other devices (10 Pro, 9-series, 8T, 8-series, etc) may get the Android 14/U Developer Preview soon.
Where can I get the preview?
Before installing, be aware that installing a developer preview carries a risk of bricking your phone. Make sure you know what you're doing, and backup your files/media before proceeding. Also ensure your battery level is at least 30% and you have at least 5GB space left on your device.
You can install the preview using the app itself: switch to the "Android 14/U Developer Preview" update method in the app's settings, go back to the main screen and download Developer Preview (C.01), and install by following the instructions. Refer to the forum threads for more information:
Can I revert to the stable version of OxygenOS?
Yes, please read the forum thread of your device as linked above for detailed instructions. Rolling back will completely wipe all your data, so please take a backup before proceeding.
Below is the rollback/downgrade packages for the OnePlus 11. Make sure you choose the correct rollback package for your device and region. We are providing these links purely for your convenience, as rolling back isn't natively supported by our app. After downloading the correct rollback package, move the file from the "Downloads" directory to the topmost directory of internal storage (the same directory that the "Downloads" folder is in). You may also have to rename ".jar" to ".zip".
Then, open Settings -> About device -> Version and tap "Build number" 7 times. This will enable Android's built-in "developer mode" (you might have to enter your phone's PIN/password too). Once this is done, "Local upgrade" will once again be visible in Settings -> About device -> Software update -> top-right button. It it doesn't show up, download & install OPLocalUpdate_For_Android13.apk, and use that to install updates locally.
The following packages will rollback your device to OxygenOS 13.1 (or 13), and will wipe all your data. These are not the packages you should download if you're looking to update to Android 14/U. For that, close this news article and change your update method to "Android 14/U Developer Preview" in the app's settings.
- OnePlus 11 OOS13.1 (A.22):
- OnePlus 11 OOS13 (A.09):
Remember: these are rollback packages - they're not the packages you should download if you're looking to install Android 14/U. For that, close this news article and change your update method to "Android 14/U Developer Preview" in the app's settings, and enable advanced mode as well.
Thumbnail and image credits: Google/AOSP/OnePlus