Great news today. After opening an OxygenOS 12 closed beta program for the original Nord on 15th February 2022, 9R on 6th November 2021, and for the 8-series & 8T on November 12th 2021, OnePlus is now opening a similar program for the 7-series, 7T-series, and Nord 2. Oddly enough though, it is reserved to Indian users (same as CBT for original Nord). Similar to other devices' CBT programs, it will be focused solely on OxygenOS 12 and thus would last for 2-3 months at max. You should not expect any build in this program to be stable or polished. If you're accepted, your role would consist of finding & reporting OS bugs to OnePlus so they can get fixed ahead of public release (hopefully this time they can avoid a scenario where the first stable build would be pulled, à la 9-series).
Up to 200 users (separately for 7-series, 7T-series, Nord 2) will be accepted into it, but they will have to meet a few requirements:
- own an Indian OnePlus 7/7Pro, 7T/7T Pro, or Nord 2 (model numbers GM1901/GM1911, HD1901/HD1911, DN2101 respectively)
- Note: Nord 2 Pac-Man Edition users shouldn't apply, since Closed Beta builds may cause major crashes and other problems
- be comfortable with taking backups and restoring them (as builds might sometimes require a clean flash therefore lead to data loss)
- be willing to constantly communicate and provide feedback on Telegram
- be an active OnePlus Community member
Besides these requirements, OnePlus may also filter applications based on your other parameters in the survey (e.g. how many time you use your phone per day or your current occupation). Users providing exceptional feedback may be eligible to some gifts.
Joining this crew will require you to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with OnePlus, meaning you will NOT be allowed to share builds and any content related to it with anyone.
Note: These closed beta builds can be unstable, therefore we do NOT recommend to apply if you do not have prior experience in beta testing, as well as not knowing how to rollback to stable software by yourself, or when you don't know how to submit logs.