2022-05-13 14:33 IST:
Added list of known issues for OB3 & OB2.
2022-05-12 15:31 IST:
Corrected confusion between OB3 & OB2.
Open Beta 3 (F.11) started rolling out recently, and the app already has the links. Simply choose either of the "Open Beta" update methods if you'd like to install/update.
Open Beta 3 changelog (F.11)
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.04
- [Fixed] the issue of abnormal Touch sounds
- [Fixed] the issue of abnormal boot animation
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that unable to start “OK Google” with voice
It also has the following known issues:
- The display of some pages in Settings will be different from the system
- The screen will glitch in specific scenarios when calling
- Camera may crash when shooting photos in Portrait mode
- The abnormal display of thumbnail when taking burst pictures
- The abnormal display of Quick device connect when in the Guest mode
2022-04-18 17:20 IST:
Open Beta 2 (F.10) rolled out, and initially carried this short changelog:
- Fixed the issue that sound plays abnormally
However, its forum post changelog (went live on 24th April 2022) is mostly the same as OB1's, except with these two additional lines:
- [Fixed] the issue that sound plays abnormally
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that unable to start "OK Google" with voice
Known issues in OB2:
- The screen will be still on when calls come in after turning on the Do Not Disturb and setting calls and messages to be undisturbed
- The Find in page of Chrome will be triggered when using alert slider(Ring to Slient) after enabling Chrome
- The app can not be displayed occasionally after entering its full name when searching local apps
The original article has been preserved below.
The original OnePlus Nord was released in July 2020 (came with OxygenOS 10 out-of-the-box). OxygenOS 12 Closed Beta programs for the Nord was announced on 15th February 2022 — making Open Beta 1 just shy of 3 months later. It is the fourth set of OnePlus devices to receive an update to OxygenOS 12 (8-series & 8T were the third, 9R was the second; 9 & 9 Pro the first: Open Beta on October 5th, 2021, and stable from December 2021 onwards).
Open Beta 1 changelog (F.09)
- [Added] Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- [Optimized] desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- [Supported] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Work Life Balance
- Canvas AOD
There are also known issues in this build, which we have reproduced below for your convenience:
Although you may be hyped by OxygenOS 12 now being available for your device, do remember that this is beta software (as proven by known issues list) and that as such, you accept any risks by installing this update. Furthermore, you're expected to report bugs to OnePlus directly via community app. Do also mind that switching back to stable OxygenOS 11 at any point will require a full data wipe, so don't get excited and jump into OB1 without considering all its pros and cons.
Note that there's no link for global or EU yet. If you don't want to wait, you can crossflash to India from the app itself (just select the "India" device). However, we advise patience. We will update this article if OnePlus posts links for global/EU.
How can I install OB3?
This is meant only for the original Nord - it WILL NOT WORK for other devices. Since this is a beta update, make sure to backup all important data before your proceed as it may not be stable!
Before installing, please ensure your battery level is at least 30% and you have at least 3GB space left on your device. If you encounter any bugs in OB3, make sure you report them to OnePlus.
You can install the beta using this app itself: close this article, open the app's settings, and switch to one of the "Open Beta" update methods — you might have to enable "Advanced mode" as well. Then go back to the main screen of the app, and you'll be able to download OB3.
Can I revert to the stable version of OxygenOS?
Yes, please read the forum thread of your device as linked above for detailed instructions. Rolling back will completely wipe all your data, so please take a backup before proceeding.
Below is the rollback/downgrade packages for the OnePlus Nord. Make sure you choose the correct rollback package for your device and region. We are providing these links purely for your convenience, as rolling back isn't natively supported by our app. After downloading the correct rollback package, move the file from the "Downloads" directory to the topmost directory of internal storage (the same directory that the "Downloads" folder is in).
Then, open Settings -> About device -> Version and tap "Build number" 7 times. This will enable Android's built-in "developer mode" (you might have to enter your phone's PIN/password too). Once this is done, "Local upgrade" will once again be visible in Settings -> About device -> Software update -> top-right button.
The following packages will rollback your device to OxygenOS 11, and will wipe all your data.
- OnePlus Nord:
- Indian (126.96.36.199)
Remember: these are rollback packages - they're not the packages you should download if you're looking to switch to Open Beta. For that, close this news article and change your update method to "Open Beta (full)" in the app's settings, and enable advanced mode as well.