EU just received F.13, and the app has both the full ZIP and the incremental for F.12 -> F.13. Nothing for global yet, be patient.
F.13 has started rolling out for India; nothing for global/EU yet. Original article and edits are preserved below.
Changelog for F.13 (third stable OOS12 build for Nord)
- [Optimized] the font display
- [Fixed] the issue of blank screen in some scenarios
- [Fixed] the issue of no response for fingerprint unlocking
- [Fixed] the issue that charging icon displayed abnormally under Power-off mode
- [Fixed] the issue that operation was not smooth on the printing preview interface
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.07
- [Fixed] the issue that Bluetooth name did not display in certain scenarios
- [Fixed] the issue that there was noise in earphones when adjusting the call volume
- [Optimized] the setting of watermark font
- [Optimized] the display of pictures in some scenarios
- [Fixed] the issue that Photos application lock worked abnormally
- [Fixed] the issue that camera crashed abnormally in certain scenarios
Added EU rollback link at the end of the article.
EU has finally received its first OOS12 stable build: F.12 (matches India's version, although it's a newer build). Global is still on F.11.
Changelog for F.12 (second stable OOS12 build for Nord)
- [Fixed] the issue that sound plays abnormally
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that unable to start "OK Google" with voice
- [Fixed] the issue that Safe Mode popup displayed abnormally in certain scenarios
- [Fixed] the issue that Camera displayed abnormally and crashed
- [Fixed] the issue that the charging icon displayed abnormally
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.05
Original article and previous edits are preserved below.
Added global rollback link (OnePlus had earlier posted EU by mistake).
The OxygenOS 12 update is now available to users running global build (labelled AC01AA on OxygenOS 11), its version number is AC2003_11.F.11, even though OnePlus mistakenly labelled it as AC2003_11.C.11 on its system update application. As of writing, no downgrade zip to Android 11 has been provided by OnePlus on its forums.
Screenshot of OnePlus' system update application, credits Telegram user therealhovan
Screenshot of OTA file metadata
OnePlus started rolling out F.11 to the Open Beta track around 11th May 2022, and that same build was promoted to the stable track on 15th May. See the forum post for more information. 9-series got the first stable build on 6th December 2021, though it was quite buggy and was met with general disappointment (it was pulled shortly after rollout). We advised patience for those devices, and we're doing the same now too. The first major Android update is almost always unpolished, so maybe wait for a few more bugfixes. 9-series received a total of 4-5 bugfix releases, and people are still complaining about a few things. 8-series & 8T have also received a few bugfixes, but none of them fixed these issues I had:
- Android Auto shows a "searching for GPS" warning; makes it very difficult to navigate unfamiliar roads (e.g. on a trip)
- Double tapping on the lockscreen doesn't always turn screen off
- USB choice dialog pops up every single time, even though I've already set a default
- Going to the home/recents screen from an app that supports Material You's dynamic colour lags like crazy, regardless of using gestures or buttons
Also, their own forum post lists the following known issues for the original Nord's F.11 update:
- The display of some pages in Settings will be different from the system
- The screen will glitch in specific scenarios when calling
- Camera may crash when shooting photos in Portrait mode
- The abnormal display of thumbnail when taking burst pictures
- The abnormal display of Quick device connect when in the Guest mode
It's surprising they rollout a "stable" update with so many issues.
Note that full ZIP links are available only for India, so global & EU users who're still on OxygenOS 11 can't yet update to OxygenOS 12 stable. Given that India was the only region to receive OOS12 Open Beta builds, it's not surprising that other regions haven't received stable. EU builds are usually relatively delayed, since it requires additional validations (OnePlus claims it will be released ASAP). If you own a EU device and have received the OOS12 stable update, please reach out to us via Discord or email so that you can share the links with us, thus benefitting all other users.
OnePlus had also posted a short FAQ for OxygenOS 12, which you can check for yourself as it might clear up a few doubts: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-12-faq-find-your-answer.1519491/. There's a "peek inside OOS12" thread as well: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/a-peek-inside-oxygenos-12.1529132/.
Changelog for F.11 (first stable OOS12 build for Nord)
- Known issues
- Abnormal display of the clock in AOD when waking the screen
- iCloud might fail to login to Clone Phone App
- Frame drops during gaming
- The location of the backed up data is displayed differently from the initial setting
- The abnormal display of bluetooth name on call screen
- Photos taken in some locations cannot be found when searching related locations in Gallery
- [Supported] switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- [Added] new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- [Added] multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- [Optimized] software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- [Added] HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- [Added] Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time
This changelog is the exact same as the Open Beta 1 changelog, though it is a newer build. OnePlus seems to use the exact same changelog for the first OOS12 release (regardless of device or it being stable/beta).
Where can I install stable OxygenOS 12?
If you're currently on the stable track, you should have already received a notification from the app about the F.11/F.12 update. If you're currently on Open Beta 2 (F.10), you can switch back to the stable track if you wish, within the app itself: close this article (go back to the main screen of the app), select the "Stable (full)" method, and enable advanced mode as well (in the app's settings). Also consider taking a backup of your files/media just to be safe. The "Local upgrade" screen will warn you if data will be wiped anyway.
If you're already on F.11 (it rolled out to OB2 users before being promoted to stable), then there's no need to reinstall the same OS version. All you need to do is disable advanced mode, and select whichever stable update method you prefer.
If you're still on Open Beta 2 (F.10), we recommend switching to the stable track since the beta track (post Oppo-merger) doesn't receive updates separately from stable anymore. In fact, only the first few major Android builds seem to be on the beta track, after which only the stable track receives updates (and will continue to do so, until respective devices are marked EOL; End-of-Life).
Can I revert to OxygenOS 11?
Yes, please read the forum thread of your device as linked above for detailed instructions. Rolling back will completely wipe all your data, so please take a backup before proceeding.
Below is the rollback/downgrade packages for the OnePlus Nord. Make sure you choose the correct rollback package for your device and region. We are providing these links purely for your convenience, as rolling back isn't natively supported by our app. After downloading the correct rollback package, move the file from the "Downloads" directory to the topmost directory of internal storage (the same directory that the "Downloads" folder is in).
Then, open Settings -> About device -> Version and tap "Build number" 7 times. This will enable Android's built-in "developer mode" (you might have to enter your phone's PIN/password too). Once this is done, "Local upgrade" will once again be visible in Settings -> About device -> Software update -> top-right button.
The following packages will rollback your device to OxygenOS 18.104.22.168, and will wipe all your data.
Remember: these are rollback packages — they're not the packages you should download if you're looking to install the latest stable update. For that, close this news article and download it from the main screen of the app (assuming your update method is set to either of the stable options in the app's settings).