OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 for the 10R is out
- The device will fail to project to the TV even after the Google box is connected
- The status bar cannot be pulled down in some scenarios
- Time is displayed abnormally in the Control Center
- The video recorded with slow motion is stuck in some scenarios
Rollback ZIPs — linked at the end — have also been updated.
The OnePlus 10R went on sale on 4th May 2022, and came with OxygenOS 12 out-of-the-box. OnePlus had opened up applications for this device's OxygenOS 13 Closed Beta program on 16th August, meaning it took them ~1.5 months to bring Open Beta 1. The 10R is the second device to get OOS13 Open Beta; 10 Pro was the first, 9 & Pro were second.
OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1 changelog
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find
- Optimizes fonts for better readability
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience, and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery (Supports only some apps)
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for a smooth operation.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimizes cross-device file transfer, with more file formats and device models supported
- Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available
- Security & Privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children's vision
- Performance optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios
There are also known issues in this build, which we have reproduced below for your convenience:
Although you may be hyped by OxygenOS 13 now being available for your device, do remember that this is beta software (as proven by known issues list) and that as such, you accept any risks by installing this update. Furthermore, you're expected to report bugs to OnePlus directly via community app. Do also mind that switching back to stable OxygenOS 12 at any point will require a full data wipe, so don't get excited and jump into OB2 without considering all its pros and cons.
How can I install OB2?
This is meant only for the 10R — it WILL NOT WORK for other devices. Since this is a beta update, make sure to backup all important data before your proceed as it may not be stable!
Before installing, please ensure your battery level is at least 30% and you have at least 5.5GB space left on your device. If you encounter any bugs in OB2, make sure you report them to OnePlus. Also, it's recommend that you're on the latest version of OxygenOS 12 (A.08/A.10) before installing OOS13 OB2.
You can install the beta using this app itself: close this article, open the app's settings, and switch to one of the "Open Beta" update method — you might have to enable "advanced mode" as well. Then go back to the main screen of the app, and you'll be able to download OB2. You can check the forum thread listed below for more information:
- OnePlus 10R: Open Beta 1, Open Beta 2
Can I revert to the stable version of OxygenOS 12?
Yes, please read the forum thread of your device as linked above for detailed instructions. Rolling back will completely wipe all your data, so please take a backup before proceeding.
Below is the rollback/downgrade packages for the OnePlus 10R. Make sure you choose the correct rollback package for your device and region. We are providing these links purely for your convenience, as rolling back isn't natively supported by our app. After downloading the correct rollback package, move the file from the "Downloads" directory to the topmost directory of internal storage (the same directory that the "Downloads" folder is in).
Then, open Settings -> About device -> Version and tap "Build number" 7 times. This will enable Android's built-in "developer mode" (you might have to enter your phone's PIN/password too). Once this is done, "Local install" will once again be visible in Settings -> About device -> Software update -> top-right button.
The following packages will rollback your device to OxygenOS 12 (A.08), and will wipe all your data.
- OnePlus 10R (India)
Remember: these are rollback packages — they're not the packages you should download if you're looking to switch to Open Beta. For that, close this news article and choose either of the "Open Beta" update methods in the app's settings.
Source: Open Beta 1, Open Beta 2