OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite was announced on 10th November 2022, and shipped with OxygenOS 13.1 out of the box. Now, OnePlus has announced an OxygenOS 14 Closed Beta program for the Indian variant of this device. After the Oppo merger, OnePlus has switched to a new format of Closed Beta applications. Earlier, they used to host a survey on a third-party site like SurveyMonkey, but now the application process is built into the OS itself: Settings > About device > Tap "Up to date" > Tap top-right overflow icon.
You should not expect any build in this program to be stable or polished. If you're accepted, your role will consist in finding and reporting OS bugs to OnePlus so that any critical issues will be fixed ahead of public release. Curiously, OnePlus has already posted a list of known issues, meaning an initial OOS14 Closed Beta build is already available:
- Screen flashes when fliping to protrait and landscape mode while watching video.
- Live wallpapers are not present in Wallpapers window.
- AP band changes from 2.4GHz to 5GHz after cloning the hotspot settings.
- Edited recorded Reels Video is stuck observed.
- Screen brightness lock not triggered in landscape Games.
- Chinese text in Shelf settings interface.
- Internets keeps stopping popup while clicking on search option in control panel.
- Animation flickers while tapping on recent tab on global search interface.
- Several third-party apps aren't compatible; see https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1388669445123080192 for more info
Up to 500 users will be accepted into the closed beta program, but they will have to meet a few requirements:
- own an Indian OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite (CPH2467) running version (at least) 18.104.22.1683 (use our app to update if you haven't already)
- be comfortable with taking backups and restoring them (some CB builds may require a "clean flash", resulting in data loss)
- be willing to constantly communicate and provide feedback to OnePlus staff on Telegram (or via *#800#)
- be an active OnePlus Community member
Besides these requirements, OnePlus may also filter applications based on your other parameters in the application (e.g. how many times you use your phone per day or your current occupation). Users with exceptional participation in this program may be eligible for rewards, though it's not disclosed what they may be.
Note: These closed beta builds can be unstable, and we don't recommend applying if you're not experienced in beta testing, or if you're not aware on rollback/downgrade procedures. If you're accepted, OnePlus will provide guides anyway, but we recommend familiarizing yourself with the process beforehand.
You can apply from 13th September onwards in Settings > About device > Tap "Up to date" > Tap top-right overflow icon. You should receive a message on your phone number with a Telegram group invitation if you're selected. Also, you'll need to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with OnePlus, meaning you will NOT be allowed to share builds and any content related to it with anyone.
Source: OnePlus Community