This article primarily concerns our users located in India, though it may be useful information for others as well. If you're not located in India, we apologize for the notification — since the app has no knowledge of your location, we cannot send notifications on a per-region basis.
This article may contain affiliate links, which means, at no cost to you, we may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
OnePlus has recently launched the 9-series (9, 9 Pro and 9R), alongside the Nord N200, Nord CE and Nord 2, and is rumored to launch the 9RT along with the Buds Z2 in October 2021. The company also launched an exchange program in India a few months ago.
Yesterday, on October 2nd 2021, a staff member named Tom B. carried on with OnePlus' tradition to offer discounts to celebrate Diwali (here is what was done in 2020) and announced that you can get a discount as high as 20% on its protection and damage plans.
Image credit: OnePlus
You can make use of said discount from 3rd October 2021 until 4th November 2021, but only for the following devices:
Once you have confirmed the activation date of your device with OnePlus' support, you will be able to go to the Protection Plan page to purchase your preferred plan.
Else, if you haven't purchased one of those devices now and would like to benefit from the offer, you can add your preferred protection plan to the cart when making your device purchase.
OnePlus has put answers to frequently answered questions in their forum announcement, we have reproduced them below for your convenience.
- What is covered in the OnePlus Care Plan?
Covers your device against damages by all accidental drop, crash, breakage or liquid for a period of TWO (2) years from the next day of the activation date and defects in materials and workmanship when used normally for a period of ONE (1) year from the expiry date of manufacturer’s warranty period.
- What is covered in the Extended Warranty Plan?
Covers your device against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally for a period of ONE (1) year from the expiry date of manufacturer’s warranty period.
- What do you offer in the Screen Protection Plan?
Your device is protected against screen damage caused by accidental drops, crashes, or breakage for ONE (1) year from the next day of the activation date.
- What is covered in the Accidental Damage Protection Plan?
Covers your device against damages by all accidental drop, crash, breakage, or liquid damage for a period of ONE (1) year or TWO (2) years from the next day of the activation date.
- What are some of the additional benefits of the plans?
- Free doorstep pickup and drop service for repair requests.
- Completely paperless claim process.
- A completely transparent and hassle-free process with real-time updates on service requests through app and web.
- How to claim in case of damage?
- Raise a request in the OnePlus Care App or contact OnePlus Support.
- Answer a few questions on the incident.
- On approval, schedule a pick-up of the damaged device.
- The device will be repaired at an authorized service center and sent back to you.
Happy Diwali in advance to our Indian users!