- Adds Jio 5G function
Note that OB2 carries its own list of known issues:
- In order to use the Jio 5G function, your device needs to be rebooted again after upgrading
- After switching the system dynamic wallpaper, the lock screen time is displayed abnormally
- Due to the control of the system power consumption, the screen would stay at 60Hz when using WhatsApp and Snapchat
- Eye comfort mode cannot be activated in specific scenarios
The OnePlus 9RT went on sale on 14th January 2022, and came with OxygenOS 11 out-of-the-box. It received OOS12 as a beta on 24th June, which came to the stable track on 27th July. OnePlus had opened up applications for this device's OxygenOS 13 Closed Beta program on 13th August, meaning it took them ~1.5 months to bring Open Beta 1. The 9RT is the fourth device to get OOS13 Open Beta; 10 Pro was the first, 9 & Pro were second, 10R was the third.
OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1 changelog
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability
- Optimizes fonts for better readability
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available
- Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features
There are also known issues in this build, which we have reproduced below for your convenience:
Although you may be hyped by OxygenOS 13 now being available for your device, do remember that this is beta software (as proven by known issues list) and as such, you accept any risks by installing this update. Furthermore, you're expected to report bugs to OnePlus directly by dialing *#800# from the stock phone app. Alternatively, you can also submit feedback via this form. Do also mind that switching back to stable OxygenOS 12 at any point will require a full data wipe, so don't get excited and jump into OB1 without considering all its pros and cons.
How can I install this beta?
This is meant only for the 9RT — it WILL NOT WORK for other devices. Since this is a beta update, make sure to backup all important data before your proceed as it may not be stable!
Before installing, please ensure your battery level is at least 30% and you have at least 5.5GB space left on your device. If you encounter any bugs in OB1, make sure you report them to OnePlus. Also, it's recommend that you're on the latest version of OxygenOS 12 (C.07) before installing OOS13 betas.
You can install the beta using this app itself: close this article, open the app's settings, and switch to one of the "Open Beta" update method — you might have to enable "advanced mode" as well. Then go back to the main screen of the app, and you'll be able to download OB1. You can check the forum thread listed below for more information:
Can I revert to the stable version of OxygenOS 12?
Yes, please read the forum thread of your device as linked above for detailed instructions. Rolling back will completely wipe all your data, so please take a backup before proceeding.
Below is the rollback/downgrade packages for the OnePlus 9RT. Make sure you choose the correct rollback package for your device and region. We are providing these links purely for your convenience, as rolling back isn't natively supported by our app. After downloading the correct rollback package, move the file from the "Downloads" directory to the topmost directory of internal storage (the same directory that the "Downloads" folder is in).
Then, open Settings -> About device -> Version and tap "Build number" 7 times. This will enable Android's built-in "developer mode" (you might have to enter your phone's PIN/password too). Once this is done, "Local install" will once again be visible in Settings -> About device -> Software update -> top-right button.
The following packages will rollback your device to OxygenOS 12 (C.07), and will wipe all your data.
Remember: these are rollback packages — they're not the packages you should download if you're looking to switch to Open Beta. For that, close this news article and choose either of the "Open Beta" update methods in the app's settings.